Friday, October 2, 2015

How To Hermit - A Guide To What I Spend The Majority Of My Life Doing

Good Morning!
Wait.
It's 7 at night?
Crud. CRUD!
Where did today go? I must have spent the whole day hermitting!
What is hermitting, you ask?
Well.
I intend to show you.
 
 
Okay, so beware, I am in a really crazy mood right now! And it's very exciting!;)

Hermitting-
The act of being a hermit
 
Some days, I just have to hole up in my room and hide away from the sunshine. I occasionally will make my own renditions of songs, like I turned Let it Go into a song about hermitting....Ah....Good times.;) And I want all of you to enjoy this fun activity as well, especially since fall and winter are approaching, which is the best time for hermitting! So here is the run down----
 
 
 
* Attire *
 
Yoga pants or sweat pants. (This is a huge part of hermitting! Pajamas are also encouraged)
 
Sweaters (Best in fall/winter)
 
Socks or slippers if you want something on your feet.;)
 
 
* Location *
Location is a very important part of the hermitting experience.
My personal favorite location is a nest on my bed!;)
Making a nest is really easy, you put a big blanket onto the bed, then add some pillows, and a trusty stuffie. Sometimes you will need an extra blanket if it's cold.;) 
My stuffed animal of choice is Bing Bong, he smells amazing, I love it!:) 
 
* Activity *
You have to figure out what you're going to do while hermitting. Sometimes it's OK to just hermit to hermit, but a lot of the time we want to do something while we hermit! My favorite thing to do is write (it helps to hermit while writing OR FAN GIRLING because it's easy to focus), but you can draw, read, listen to music, write, blog etc,.;)
 
Here is a helpful illustration showcasing my friend, Luigi- 
You can click it to blow it up.:D
 
I hope you liked this post and tell me if you have any plans to hermit soon! Or if you already do hermit!;)
-Emma-
 
 
 


19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...this post is awesome. : D I love the Elsa on your wall!
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this was hilarious. ;D Love the picture you drew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks, Clara!;D
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. OH! Emma. Shannon Messenger just announced that she is writing ANOTHER BOOK AFTER NEVERSEEN!!!! :D YAY!!!

      Delete
    3. OH MY GOSH!!! I AM SO HAPPY AND RELIEVED! I was worried that this book would be the last one!:D Eek! Thank you for telling me!!!:D:D:D
      -Emma-

      Delete
    4. You're welcome! :D Can't wait!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hermitting is life. This post was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely!;) Thanks, Amelia!
      -Emma-

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. This post was so funny! I love being a hermit too, especially when it's dark and rainy outside...perfect writing weather!

    ~Mary H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Another hermitter! Rainy and dark days are THE BEST days for writing. End of discussion.;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  5. Yep, I've definitely done hermitting before. I love it. :) Great post!
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hermitting,Wow I have been doing this for years XD Just never Knew what it was XD Awesome!-Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to hermit... XD
    It sounds amazing!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ISSS!! I can't wait for "hermitting season" AKA WINTER to come back. ;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  8. Omg I’m so glad I’m not alone!! This is pretty much my life, so I really like this post!! I can relate so much to you! For example, I have recently developed a love of Star Wars. Thoughts on that?
    Hermitting is the best.
    ❤️Diamond

    ReplyDelete